Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Monday

I am currently resting on my laurels

Issue #27 seems to have satisfied my subscribers lust for new material, so I am currently resting on my laurels. During the interludes between issues of OPE, I generally do not think very deeply about things or reflect on my experience, as that might lead to deep insights that demand expression, and that leads to new work, which must be strenuously avoided. Subconsciously, I am probably developing new ideas for the next issue as I interact with the world around me, but consciously, I am watching Wipeout. I am also likely drunk.

Many great artists work in a similar fashion, except that they make much more money. In order to deal with the onslaught of important insights, they must have some "down time" during which they can rest their brain meat and perhaps watch people wipe out. Being a conduit for the collective unconscious can be tiring; even Dali needed to take a break now and then to stage elaborate sex circuses with dwarfs, lobsters, and Mia Farrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

I too find that being drunk helps me tap into the Great Unconsciousness .Equally, watching England play in The World Cup has much the same effect......

9:52 AM  
Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Watching soccer of any variety has that same effect. Just the thought of soccer is somnolent.

However, I did actually watch that match. . . dozing frequently. Have they hanged that goalie yet? Poor fellow. . . veddy bad form.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Best post ever.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

They're looking for Canadian contestants for wipeout right now and my kids keep telling us to try out. I can't watch the show because of the dizzy dummy let alone play it. Plus I don't have the fake boobs to show off.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Karima said...

I don't know why you think WipeOut is downtime....there's so many layers to it with the nicknames, the personalities, the statement each event makes about socio-political events.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home