Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Friday

A Cold Call from OPE

Ed,
Our mutual friend Doug writes me to say "My friend Ed Muffler [name has been changed]...fancied the OPEs, as made available in my bathroom." He urged me to contact you with subscription information and felt sure you would respond enthusiastically.

This will be quite awkward if he is wrong.

Subscriptions are renewed every six issues
There are 3 issues left in the current subscription cycle
$12 will get you the next three issues
$16 will get you the next three issues and a Best of OPE issue not available in Doug's bathroom

Checks/cash can be sent to:
Kurt Xxxxxxxxx
XXX XXst Street
Xxxxxx, XX XXXX3

Best,
Kurt

UPDATE! (A response from Ed):

I enjoyed your zine a lot...It'll probably be toward the end of the month before I do, but I'm planning to drop you a check. I look forward to having OPE in my own bathroom.

Ed

13 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

OPEzines are waterproof! America is truely the land of opportunity!
I kept a copy of Gullivers Travels in my bathroom once.But it wasnt waterproof & [eventually] turned to mush.Lierature Has It's Limits I Guess?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Sadly, OPE is not waterproof, and I have chastised Doug many times about the condition of his archive.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Doug must be British. I never hear North Americans use the word "fancied." Well, unless they're talking about someone gay.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Not British, just good with language. Also: gay.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

My limited edition OPE pog fell out and bounced because I had no warning it was going to be in there and now the cat has secreted it under a bookcase.

I hope I remember it's there the next time I use the crevice tool while vacuuming.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous ButterSword said...

We sometimes market our zines as, "great bathroom reading!".

Maybe an OPE laminated bathroom edition is in order.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Do you ever wear plain coloured shirts? Cause the plaid is killin' me! It's gonna take an extra 8 hours just to get the lines right.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

....and are you in love with the pocket on your shirt? In fact....are you in love with the idea of a shirt at all. I'm used to drawing/painting people naked afterall....hmmm.....

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

you can change the shirt - I don't like that shirt that much anyway.

8:36 AM  
Blogger dennis said...

Dennis enjoys having OPE read aloud to him. Dennis likes the cartoons, too.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

My dog chewed up the Christmas issue. What does that mean?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Karima said...

My OPEs are stored in a climate-controlled panic room I had built just for them. I let guests read them but they must dawn those clean room suits and take detox shower prior (a.k.a Silkwood)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Goldrush said...

This former mark, now satisfied subscriber says, Spreading the OPE gospel is worth your potential humiliation.

Good thing that cat is trainable....

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home