Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Thursday

A recent email to OPE subscribers who have not yet renewed:

Dear OPE subscriber,
Hi, this is Malcolm again, the college intern at Other People Exist zine. Kurt is finishing up the 5th annual Death/Christmas issue (issue #26), and unfortunately, you are currently not on our mailing list. This is because you forgot to renew/refuse to renew/have passed away. Kurt plans to complete the issue and have it at your doorstep before Christmas Day, which falls on the 25th this year. But you must renew to receive this blessed issue.

Kurt explicitly instructed me to keep the tone of this renewal reminder professional, but I can't help mentioning the long hours I've spent waiting for the arrival of your moneys. Just because I'm imaginary doesn't mean things don't bother me.

If you prefer not to receive any more issues of OPE, simply harden your heart against my earnest request and ignore the call to support American art in an age that is so badly in need of it. And Happy Holidays!

Malcolm


Photo courtesy of Perpetual Chocoholic

17 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

an anagram of "Malcolm other people exist" is" alcoholism topple extreme".........

5:22 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Dear Kurt,

I'm so excited about the new issue I could pee!

Love Hunter the dog.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Trey said...

Malcolm??????? What ever became of Todd??????

7:31 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I was hoping I was the only one that got that email.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Mrsupole said...

I have been patiently waiting for my issue and I thought I had renewed my subscription and it is not my fault that you lost it. But maybe now with Malcolm handling things here it will not get lost.

Anyway I am trying to harden my heart and stop supporting American art.

Please pet Malcolm and thank him for posting.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you too.

God bless.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I'm tying Hunter to the mailbox so he can notify me immediately when the new issue arrives. He's not allowed back in the house until it comes. (I'm afraid someone might steal it if I don't get it right away!) He hopes it gets here soon.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

Your zine sure is secret...you don't have any subscription information here on your blog...

3:59 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

You mean besides the email link in my profile and the $24/yr price I mention in my post?

5:15 AM  
Blogger Queen of France said...

Kurt, i'm sorry to say that the Christmas Holiday, followed by Boxing Day and the New Year just won't be the same without OPE blog.

But Merry Boxing Year to you anyway!

1:39 PM  
Blogger tony said...

Have A Brilliant Christmas Kurt.Bestestness From tony.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Merry Christmas Kurt et al in your household.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I got some xmas cash today from some of my salespeoples. I am now trying to reconcile (with myself) the fact that I am going to send some of it to you instead of buying my mother a Christmas present...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Mrsupole said...

Someone requisitioned the money that I got for Christmas and was planning to use it to purchase my subscription to OPE Zine and crap, now I have to go try and find some more money, which is not easy during these times.

I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, and hope that your Christmas went well.

God bless.

12:56 AM  
Blogger tony said...

Kurt! Have A Fab New Year.See You in 2010.
Regards Tony.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Happy New Year Kurt! You still suck;-)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

Well, my blog roll starts anew tomorrow. I'd be honored if you participate again in 2010. Leave a comment and you're on the blog roll! Thanks for visiting and commenting in 2009.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home