Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Tuesday

Lost trading cards

Each morning, when I rise, I ask myself What should I do to fill the empty hours before my inevitable annihilation? The answer used to be Watch or re-watch episodes of ABC's television series Lost. Once the show ended, however, I had to find a new activity to stave off the crushing despair.

Then the folks at ButterSword posted Robin Cain's delightful Lost trading cards, and I realized making Lost trading cards could give me the illusion of purpose I've been looking for.

Below are the trading cards her work inspired me to create. Enjoy where possible:

Lost Trading Cards
Inanimate Objects Series
by Kurt












14 Comments:

Blogger Robin Cain said...

Awesome Kurt! I love the things you chose to draw! Thanks for the shout out!!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

The colors are much brighter on the cards than they appear here. I need a better scanner.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Jen @ ButterSword said...

Haha! These are great! These props were crucial components in the show. They deserved to have their moment in the spot light. Maybe we should make trading cards of the LOST film crew. Sound guy, Costume team, Hair & Make-up, Catering.

The cards look great, Kurt!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Don, American Idle said...

I really miss Eko; he wasn't at the funeral. Don't forget the dog; everybody loves dogs.

1:57 PM  
Blogger tony said...

You Americans havnt a Clue! You want Crushing Despair? Come To England and watch this Daytime TV show, then you will learn what despair really is!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous MC said...

Um... hate to change the subject back but...
LOST.
Should I rewatch the series and tally the number of times Hurley said dude? Hmm... That information might already exist.
Well... I guess I'm off to England to learn what despair really is.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

And you say you can't draw! I think I'm the one person on the planet that's never watched the show. I'm too busy learning to "cook" from "Breaking Bad." I'm looking for a career change.

6:11 AM  
Blogger tattytiara said...

Y'know I've been waiting forever for the library to get that series on dvd so I could watch it, and then someone went and posted the twist ending of the entire series in a blog entry with absolutely no spoiler warning - there actually was no way to tell the entry was even about the show till you'd read the spoiler! I could have wept.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Karima said...

I hope you did a similar series of cards when Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia went off the air?

6:37 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I question the beer can. Otherwise, all good. And no, I don't have a digitally enhanced screen shot of the beer can, to like, check, and stuff. It just LOOKS wrong...

10:31 PM  
Anonymous MC said...

Really? I think the beer can is really cool.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! I like the beer can!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

MC - the beer can was a commission.

10:15 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

ha..heroin filled statue...okay you're strange, ha!

these were funny.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home