Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Friday

When selling items on craigslist, they say not to have buyers come to your house anymore, as they may rob you/kill you/grab the item and run. They say to meet them at Starbucks, and bring a burly friend. But what if you are selling something like an amp, and the person needs to hear it before making the purchase? I googled my prospective buyer, and he had a large internet presence, so I asked him to text a pic of himself so I could confirm he was who he said he was and not a robber/murderer. Here is what he sent.
postscript: I lived. I also sold the amp.

6 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

The sooner the Internet gets rid of real people,the better.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I would be more afraid of you killing him.

5:56 PM  
Blogger tut-tut said...

yea, you! It was a red letter day today: Issue 44 arrived.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I hope you enjoy it!

12:29 PM  
Blogger tut-tut said...

My freshman year roommate had an 8-track. For some reason, that completely annoyed me.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

My first stereo was a cheap 8-track with two speakers that I bought at the drug store for (I think) $39.99.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home